PayPal is a widely used website to Send and Receive money online with just a few clicks. It also helps Cross-border transactions which means one can Send or Receive money from multiple countries and this feature of PayPal really stands out. But sometimes people just send the money to the wrong Email address or the Wrong amount. This results in losing the money and today we will talk about the solution to fix this problem.
You can cancel a PayPal payment on multiple occasions. For example, if you sent a payment to the Email ID which is not registered on PayPal then you can easily cancel the payment. Else if the payment is Unclaimed or needs the other person to accept it then you can cancel it.
There is another way using which you can open a Dispute and ask PayPal to resolve your problem and issue a refund.
How to Cancel the PayPal Payment
If the payment that you sent is unclaimed or the Email address is wrongly typed and it is not registered with Paypal then you can easily request for the payment Cancellation. In such cases, it takes 48-72 hours to reflect the Cancelled Payment amount in your bank account.
Steps to Cancel a Payment send to wrong Paypal Email Address:
- Log in to your PayPal Account.
- Click on the “Activity” button from the top menu.
- Select the Payment you want to cancel.
- Click on the Cancel Button.
- Click the “Cancel Payment” button to confirm the PayPal payment cancellation.
Steps to Cancel Unclaimed Paypal Payment:
- Log in to your Paypal Account.
- Click on the “Summary” option from the menu bar.
- Under ‘Pending Payments’ Click on the payment to want to Cancel.
- Click on the Cancel Payment option.
Please note that you can only Cancel payments that are sent to the wrong Email address or the payments which have “Unclaimed” as their Status.
If the payment is already sent to the merchant then you have to ask that person or the merchant about their refund policies. If the merchant or the person is not available or is unable to reply to your messages then you can ask PayPal to resolve your issue.
Below is a step-by-step process on how to open a Paypal Dispute and ask for a refund.
How to open a Dispute on PayPal and request a Refund
If the person you sent money to is not responding or Even if the eCommerce store is unable to refund you the money then you can ask PayPal to resolve your issue.
Paypal has a team of experts who will help you to solve your issue and in most cases also offer a refund. To request a refund on PayPal follow the below steps
- Log in to your Paypal Account.
- Under the “More” option in the menu bar click on the “Resolution Center” option.
- Click on a blue button which says “Report a Problem”
- From the list of Transaction select the Transaction which you want to report and from the “actions” tab select the desired action.
- Select a reason for your Dispute from the list
- Provide additional information and click “Submit” Button
In steps 5 and 6 please check all the fields before submitting your information. In step 5, please select the appropriate reason for your dispute and provide all the necessary information asked by the PayPal support staff.
In most cases, you will be asked to contact the seller again using the Chat feature on PayPal and it will give some time to the merchant and you to resolve the issue yourself. Even after, If the issue is not solved in the given time then PayPal will decide the final conclusion.
If the seller is not able to reply to you in the given time then PayPal will issue your refund without further questions asked.
Always make sure to check all the details before sending a PayPal payment to someone. You can always verify the Email address or the amount as the most common problem people face is with these two things. Also, shop from the trusted websites and merchants by checking their review on websites like Trustpilot.com