As an open-source frontend layer, it allows developer-contributions. It is a component-based, frontend library that holds the view layer of the mobile or web application. In the MVC (Model View Controller) structure, the view layer defines how the app will look or feel. For example, a mobile app, say Candy Crush, has many components. The frontend component of how the game looks and how it feels is mainly dependent on the Model View Controller—MVC. Instagram’s web page is a prime example of a web application or page built entirely on React. In Instagram, React makes debugging a code easy by splitting Instagram’s UI into multiple components.
Key Features of React
React is undoubtedly the most popular frontend framework in the market today. It’s utilized by many enterprise companies like Facebook, and even though Jason has walked out of Facebook, React.js, his brainchild, will continue to roll out exciting updates and functionalities. Here are some of the best features of React.
- Virtual DOM and Enhanced Performance: Like some other programs like Vue.js, React uses a virtual Document Object Model. The Virtual DOM works in a lightweight state; instead of updating the whole real DOM, it updates only the components that have been changed; hence improving speed and performance.
- React’s structure allows unidirectional data flow; that is, developers can create child components within parent components. This structure makes tracing of codes and debugging issues very easy since the data flow in a unilateral vertical order.
- Reusable components: In React, components are like building blocks. Each component has its logic and control, and they define varied functions. An app comprises multiple components that are bound together into a single functional component. Components within the React structure can be used; hence, improving development time and funds required to build large-scale web and mobile applications or programs.
- Web and mobile application building capacity: React can be utilized for both web and mobile applications. Although react’s core functionalities are for web applications, the React Native framework—a framework that is an extension of react-can build beautiful and fully functional mobile applications.
- Debugging Tools: React has a Chrome extension that can automatically debug applications based on React framework. The process has made it easy for developers to quickly find bugs within their applications and fix them.
Other Alternatives to React.js
There are other frameworks that can be used to create a mobile application like react. They include Vue.js, Native Script, JQuery, Adobe Phonegap, Xamaric, and Ionic. Each of these Frameworks has its features, pros, and cons.
Before choosing a framework for your mobile application program, you need to consider your depth of knowledge, the app’s requirements, time, and budget. You may also need to decide what factors to consider to hire a react.js developer. If you are new to React.js, save yourself some trouble and hire a professional React.js developer or use a framework you are thoroughly familiar with.