is a game of chance that involves a spinning wheel with 36 sectors of red and black, and one, 37th, sector of green called “zero.” In the game, bets are made on a roll of the ball on a color, an even or odd number, a certain range of numbers or even a specific number. The croupier spins the wheel and starts the ball in the opposite direction from the rotation. Whose bet plays – takes his winnings.
Types of roulette bets
The playing field is divided into the inner field with the formation of bets on specific numbers and their groups, and the outer field – the auxiliary elements that surround the numbers. Depending on which field the player will bet on, bets are divided into internal and external fields.
- Inside bets are placed on the inside sector of the field, which consists of 3 vertical columns and 12 horizontal rows. There are 8 inside bets, but the highest payout is on a straight bet placed on a specific number. If the player guesses the number and even the color of the cell, the bet will play 35:1, that is, the amount of bet will increase 35 times. If the bid plays “split” – 2 numbers that are next to each other, then the player increases the deposit 17 times. If you bet on 3 numbers, straight, then the deposit increases by 11 times. And so on until the moment when the player bets on 6 numbers, increasing the deposit is only 5 times.
- Outside bets are placed on the corresponding fields in the outer sector of the playing field and are divided into 4 types:
- Small/Big, where you have to choose a group of numbers from 1 to 18 (small) or 19 to 36 (big). If you win, the winnings are doubled.
- Red/Black, when it is necessary to predict the color of a cell. If you win, the winnings are 1:1.
- Even/Odd, respectively, consists in predicting an even or odd number. In case of victory, the winnings are doubled.
- A dozen/column, where a dozen counts as numbers from 1-12, 13-24, 25-36, and a column counts as 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28, 31, 34. If you win, the bet is 2:1.
Casino Roulette types
- European roulette is a simplified version of the game. The player is allowed to make any type of bets – internal and external, but only if the total value of bets does not exceed the limit specified on the table. European roulette involves a range of numbers 0-36. If the ball hits the zero all bets (except 0 bets) go to the profit of the casino.
- American Roulette rules are a little similar to European Roulette, but it differs by the smaller size of the table and the presence of two “zero sectors” – “0” and “00”. In American roulette, the chips are collected by hand, not by the spatula, as in the European version of the game.
- French Roulette also has sectors ranging from 0 to 36 and 10 types of basic bets. If the ball hits zero sector, the player gets back half of the bet. French roulette is considered the progenitor of European and American roulette.
- Mini Roulette provides 13 sectors – from 1 to 12 and a zero. In this kind of roulette, there is no table limit, so the game is suitable for very experienced players.
- Roulette with several wheels is a more complicated variant of the game, but provides the possibility of generous winnings.
- Live roulette consists of a live broadcast with a real croupier, which allows you to immerse yourself in the atmosphere of a real casino.
- Online roulette takes place online remotely from the players, conveying the whole atmosphere of the real game.
Basics of Casino Roulette
- Study the equipment. To play roulette, you will need a wheel with 36 sectors of black, red and numbers, as well as a green sector with the number “zero,” a white ball and a table with numbers and other values for a certain type of betting.
- Learn the inside bets. Their essence is to guess the color or number on which the ball stops in the wheel. Betting on a number gives you a larger winnings amount.
- Learn about outside bets. They are made outside the number field. For example, you can bet on an even/odd number, a column/dozen, or small/large bets.
- Know the probabilities. This will help increase the results of your game. For example, playing American Roulette with double “zero” increases your casino odds by a factor of 2 – 5.6%. When playing French Roulette, players can apply the rules “La Partage” and “En Prison”.
Playing the game
- Find a table. Familiarize yourself with the minimum and maximum internal and external bets. Each table also has a table showing the numbers that have fallen out before.
- Keep an eye on what’s going on. Roulette Casino is based solely on luck, but there are times when the croupier develops a habit and throws the ball at a certain angle and speed. Then certain numbers begin to fall out, which means the chances of placing a winning bet increase.
- Give chips to the dealer. Casinos play with special chips of different colors for a particular table, so that players do not get their bets mixed up. But outside the table, they have no value.
- Know the round procedure. It begins when the winnings from the previous round are paid out and the table is cleared of chips. You make a new bet, the dealer throws the ball and as soon as it hits a number – the winning bet is determined and the winnings are paid out. Everything repeats all over again.
- Place your bets. Usually the first 6 bets are placed on numbers from 0 to 36 – internal bets. Next, you can make outside bets. One way or another your luck will not change.
Myths of casinos and magic schemes to win at Roulette Casino Myth 1: Beginner’s luck.
In fact, the beginner’s success is no less than that of someone who has been playing for a long time. When a beginner wins, he is just emotionally happy about his victory, and this is what people around him focus their attention on. Myth 2: If 10 (20, 30… ) times you get “red”, it means that now you will surely get “black”!
This myth is based purely on psychology. Those who have fallen “black” 9 times in a row, decide that 10 times will be “red”. But in fact, if you roll several times in a row in one color, the likelihood that the next will be another color is 50/50. Myth 3: You cannot beat the casino.
In theory, it is realistic. But to prevent their bankruptcy, casinos have introduced a maximum bet on the tables. The casino also raises the minimum bet so that the player starts with a larger amount. Myth 4: The casino tweaks the roulette wheel so that you lose.
On the contrary, the casino makes sure that the roulette wheel works correctly and gives out random numbers. To do this, the tables are perfectly even and a special counter, which captures the slightest deviation. After all, if the players notice any trick, the roulette owner will suffer losses. Myth 5: The casino is expensive; you lose a lot there.
In fact, the player loses as much as he wants to lose. If you sit down at the table in a good mood, you can enjoy the game all evening.
The unwritten rules of conduct in Casino Roulette
When you walk into a casino and sit down at a table, you accept the rules of the casino and the table and must abide by them. Betting behavior:
- Chips are recommended to be placed on the playing field, not tossed. If you can not reach the necessary chip, ask the dealer to do so. You may disrupt other players’ bets by throwing.
- The size and type of bets made in between runs of roulette.
- Bets are accepted in the case if the dealer repeatedly announces it.
- It is forbidden to place food on the gaming table. In some cases, it is allowed to bring drinks.
- After giving out chips to the winning players are not advised to mix them with those in the game, to avoid confusion.
- After the special signal, which symbolizes the end of the bets, players are not allowed to touch the chips and change bets.
- Bets from the player’s hands are not accepted, he has to do it across the table, putting the chips on the desired sector.
- It is forbidden to use any technique, as well as to put bags and purses on the table.
The game of casino roulette today is attracting more and more players. Here bets are made on the falling out of the ball on a color, number and even on an even or odd value. The game has very many types, differing by table size, sectors, and location. In roulette it is impossible to calculate your winnings, because everything depends on your luck. But there are certain points, following which a player can increase the results of his game.