You need to understand that GPS technology is not complicated or complex. GPS is a simple technology that is exceptionally accurate with times and locations. This accuracy comes from GPS our satellites. The accuracy spoken means that this technology provides locations to about one meter. These current satellites are soon replaced with new GPS satellites known as GPS III, which started at the end of 2018 and continued through 2025. These newer satellites carry more transmitter power, making reception more reliable anywhere, including space navigation, where many more unique and significant strides are developing.
The world’s digital technologies continue to evolve and improve in a host of limitless areas. In the beginning, GPS reserved for military submarines has expanded over into the public arena intruding on private citizens’ lives, law enforcement, and companies who must manage fleets of vehicles discovered the limitless GPS benefits.
Despite everything, GPS, or Video telemetric adds success to those who use it to provide fleet management data. The following are a few benefits of utilizing video telemetric. One industry that sees enormous changes is that of the trucking industry. GPS systems provide the trucking industry the following services.
- Provides accountability to the fleet manager
- Provides driver responsibility
- Enhances safety and efficiency
- Reports unsafe driver behaviors such as hard braking, sudden stops, hard turning, speeding, rapid acceleration
- Educates and empowers employees
- Encourages higher standards
There is always talk about someone watching you. GPS tracking spawns an element of distrust and negativity from employees for this reason. However, once employees get used to a tracking system, they find that this makes all the difference and embraces company success when managers couple this tracking system with new perks such as,
- Cash bonuses
- An awards program recognizing specific employees
- Provides career advancements and promotions
- It helps to improve where improvements are needed.
The following are a few of the many GPS tracking benefits and are not limited to these examples.
- Keeps a video data
- Records accurate times and dates
- Records hours worked
- Reimburses employees quicker
- Assures paycheck accuracy
- Tracking locations of drivers
- Protects personal safety of the employee
- Decreases bad driving habits
- Records vehicle breakdowns
- Establishes fault in accidents and records the actions of the driver before the accident
- Records surrounding drivers
- Protects the driver and the company from lawsuits and false claims
- Lower insurance rates
- Constantly locates vehicles
- Protects the vehicle from theft and vandalism
- Assures that cars are always where they need to be
- Monitors timely deliveries
- Prohibits tampering
- Tracks and records loading and unloading of inventory
Another industry utilizing GPS is law enforcement.
GPS eases the job of law enforcement to gather information regarding car crashes. GPS systems can establish who is at fault in roadway accidents due to a constant recording, including when and how the accident occurred. GPS now tracks criminals and those on house arrest in addition to many more uses.
GPS, Success, and Failure
GPS, once mainly used to map direction for drivers, now goes beyond this feature, as explained in the trucking industry. A quality GPS provides many more benefits to many sectors across the globe. GPS is utilized within aviation, shipping, ocean navigation, manufacturing, the military, agriculture, law enforcement, vet practices, space, and individual lives to help you map and navigate your way across the United States.
- GPS finds you the next restaurant or the next hotel to rest and relax. GPS constantly helps individuals in different circumstances to help our beloved pets who need to find their way home when lost.
- Cell phones are widely used globally, and each cell phone has a built-in receiver to track users, as do all vehicles manufactured with or without navigation systems.
- GPS tracks anything and everything from sharks in the ocean to felines and canines at home. GPS is finding its way into areas never before seen.
- The new GPS III shows an improved constellation of satellites with enhanced reception and accuracy. GPS is now in most industries globally, from the space program to pets on the run.
- GPS has pros and cons like everything else in life. However, GPS tracking has become indispensable to all industries everywhere, and losing GPS could mean massive failure in all sectors.
Despite these negative aspects, America’s military is whom we can thank for finding our family’s pet when lost or helping us make the right turn when traveling. Under the Space Force and the Coast Guard’s direction, our satellite network pinpoints what we are looking for and where we need to go. This tracking system evolved throughout prior years and continues to grow, becoming more precise and exact.
GPS Options for Various Fleet Sizes
- We operate one of the largest GPS systems industry sectors for fleet trucks providing full-time tracking with GPS technology devices for electronic data logs.
- We can give your company basic monitoring information or provide your fleet with more complex data depending on your company’s needs.
- We are a seasoned leader in the most recognized authority in real time GPS trackers and GPS monitoring devices across America.
- We help you understand what is happening to your fleet by providing and installing acutely accurate devices that show you your drivers’ driving behavior and each vehicles’ location.
At GPS Technologies, we offer a wide range of tracking options for fleet sizes, individual asset tracking options, and more. These GPS systems help company managers, fleet managers, companies, and other management entities whose responsibility is large fleets or many fleets of vehicles. Our GPS devices help improve managers’ decision-making processes and help the business run more effectively and efficiently. Our tracking systems help your company stay competitive with other like businesses by supplying you with exact fleet-tracking devices that comply with all federal regulations. You know the constraints of large-scale fleet management. Know that we can help your company.
Give us a call today if you have a fleet of vehicles that you want GPS tracking installed on and used. We worked hard throughout the years to improve and streamline a company’s operations no matter your fleet size. We work with you to define your assets and the personal monitoring of your drivers at affordable pricing.